Friday, March 9, 2012

Great book to get you to think



First let me say that I bought this book for my Kindle and I gave it 4 stars out of 5 in my Amazon review due to the many typos in it (I am sure this will be fixed and don't let that keep you from reading the book).
The Dragon Slayer by Jim McGuiggan was a very interesting read. The one thing I liked about this book was that it got me to think. McGuiggan takes a different view of some things and that can cause someone to stop and rethink what they might have always believed but the book also does a great job of pointing us to Christ and his work as well as reminding us about our loving Holy Father. Sometimes people can forget that God is our Father and loves us and Jim McGuiggan does a great job of reminding us of that fact.

Some of the topics discussed in the book have to do with Atonement, God's love, and of course Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. At a time when we hear a lot of fluffy-psycho-babble-self-help junk in the pulpit and in books it's great to read a book centered on Jesus one that makes us THINK.

You will not agree with the author on every point but it will make you think.

Thank you Mr. McGuiggan for calling us back to Jesus "The Dragon Slayer"

You can buy this book Here

You can find out more about Jim McGuiggan and his other books, writtings, and teachings Here